October 14, 2011
September 27, 2011
- Found report cards from the 1920s and what they tell us (Slate).
- Oral history of the Uptight Citizens Brigade (NY Mag).
- Scholarly publishing's business model is all about keeping the general public out. Can this last? (Guardian UK).
- The documentary "Connected" is pretty damn good. Now playing
August 25, 2011
- The 7 Iconic Patents That Define Steve Jobs (TechCrunch).
- HBO Documentary on Gloria Steinem runs this fall (LA Times).
- Whole Foods to open members-only wellness clubs. (Brand Channel).
- "Unsavory Elitism and Culinary Politics" (NY Times).
- Paul Westerberg and Tommy Stinson discuss the possibility of a Replacements reunion (Rolling Stone).
- Leadership Lessons from Burning Man (Fast Company).
- There's a thing called 'Texasism' (Salon).
- 10 Big Ideas From DJ Spooky's ‘The Book of Ice’ (PSFK).
- Wired Magazine online has a "This Day In Tech" feature if you're into that sort of thing.
August 16, 2011
- Pixar to release Monster's Inc prequel in 2013. (LA Times).
- Paul Simon's landmark album "Graceland" is 25 years old (N+1).
- The original Muppeteers. Where are they now?
- Do we actually like movie spoilers more than we admit?
August 09, 2011
I'm recapturing the links I post on twitter each day here for those who prefer to get them this way.
- Can a Newspaper Think like a Startup? (GigaOM).
- Why Metadata will Define the Future of Television (Mashable).
- Rolling Stone to Music Industry: Drop Dead.
- On the Trail of George Orwell's Outcasts. (BBC).
- 9 Great Reads by David Foster Wallace at Byliner.
- Who Stole The Mona Lisa? Geat tale of theft of famous painting from Louvre in 1911 (Slate).
- Wikipedia entry of "List of Worst Films ever Made."
- Photoshoot with Francis Bean Cobain who is now 18 years old.
- Art of the Menu (Brand New).
- 6 Famously Terrible Movies That Were Almost Awesome (Cracked).
- Historic Toilets of the World (Lonley Planet).
- 20 Great Guy/Gal Musical Pairings Right Now (Paste Magazine).
- ‘Stand By Me’ Was Released 25 Years Ago Today (Slashfilm).
- The Completely Unecessary Footloose remake Trailer (The Week).
- On the 4th year of San Francisco's Outside Lands Music Festival which is this weekend. (SFgate).
August 10, 2009
Who am I? Still deciding...
Recently accused of misogyny and assorted crimes...
Jeez, ever tried emailing a movie to someone? You need one of these.
What a great, underrated animated movie. (via Kottke.org)
August 02, 2009
Hmmm good question. (via Arts Journal)
A black hole with no bottom. (via David Dylan Thomas)
Agreed. (via Derek Powazek)
via Largehearted Boy
July 25, 2009
via AL Daily
via Laughing Squid
I remember that summer well.
Neat! (via Cinema Treasures)
July 13, 2009
via George Kelly
via Book Soup
via New Pages
No kidding? (via Arts Journal)
July 06, 2009
via Derek Powazek
- via 37Signals
Whoops! Looks to be a hard drive gone AWOL from the Clinton Era (via Original Signal)
Being treated like a human being tops my list (via Kottke.org)
Let the "Laser Rush" smoking out begin! (via Cinema Treasures)
Practical Classics: 50 Reasons to Reread 50 Books You Haven't Touched Since High School
by Kevin Smokler
Bookmark Now: Writing in Unreaderly Times
edited by Kevin Smokler
The Customer Is Always Wrong: The Retail Chronicles
edited and compiled by Jeff Martin. Essay by me on page 45.