For nearly 25 years, universities, corporations, cultural festivals and civic organizations throughout North America have invited Kevin Smokler to give keynote addresses, moderate panels, interview fellow artists and host events on the arts, culture and the power of human creativity.
Regular Topics Include:
- Creative. Together: How collaboration and teams turn creativity into a 1+1 = 3 proposition.
- Pop Culture Past, Present and Your Future. Movies, books, music and TV and how much they have to teach us.
- Old Technologies, New Opportunities. How over-technologies built our present and will our future.
- The 1980s. The Decade That Made Us
- We are our stories: How good stories and storytelling make our lives, jobs and families happier, healthier places to be
To inquire about rates and availability, contact Kevin directly. He’s always glad to tailer a presentation to your organization’s needs and typically books 2-3 months in advance.
- San Francisco Writers Conference Opening (2013)
- Commonwealth Club of California Salute to Wallace Stegner (2009)
Selected Past Engagements:
- South by Southwest Interactive
- New York Comic Con
- Book Expo America
- San Francisco Writers Conference
- MIT Future of Entertainment Conference
- Berkeley Ideas Festival
- LA Times Festival of Books
- Idea Festival
- Texas Book Festival
- Twin Cities Book Festival
- University of Michigan
- Stanford University
- Portland State University
- Simon Fraser University
- University of California at Berkeley
- Humber College
- Mechanics Institute
- Mill Valley Public Library
- Livermore Public Library
- Placerville Public Library
- Commonwealth Club of California
- Chrichlow Adkins Children’s Hospital
- Publishers Group of the West
- The Loft Literary Center
- University of Chicago Press
- Grub Street of Boston