For 20 years, universities, corporations, cultural festivals and civic organizations have invited Kevin Smokler to give presentation, moderate panels, interview fellow artists onstage and host events on culture and the power of creativity.
- Creative in Concert. How creativity and collaboration turns business into a 1+1 = 3 proposition.
- The Comeback of Vinyl Records
- Old Technologies, New Opportunities. How obsolete technologies built our present and will our future.
- Rereading and Learning From Classic Literature you Read in High School
- The 1980s. The First Decade of our Present and the Future.
- Telling Your Story How good stories and storytelling make our lives, jobs and families happier, healthier places to be
To inquire about rates and availability, contact Kevin directly. He typically books 2-3 months in advance.
- In conversation with author Peter Orner (2020)
- Walnut Creak Public Library (2017)
- Mill Valley Public Library (2014)
- Ignite San Francisco (2014)
- San Francisco Writers Conference Opening (2013)
- Commonwealth Club of California Salute to Wallace Stegner (2009)
Selected Past Engagements:
- South by Southwest Interactive
- New York Comic Con
- San Francisco Writers Conference
- MIT Future of Entertainment Conference
- Berkeley Ideas Festival
- LA Times Festival of Books
- Idea Festival
- Tallgrass Film Festival
- Texas Book Festival
- Oxford Film Festival
- University of Michigan
- Stanford University
- Portland State University
- Simon Fraser University
- University of California at Berkeley
- Humber College
- Mechanics Institute
- Mill Valley Public Library
- Livermore Public Library
- Placerville Public Library
- Commonwealth Club of California
- Chrichlow Adkins Children’s Hospital
- Publishers Group of the West
- The Loft Literary Center
- University of Chicago Press
- Grub Street of Boston