Listening to Every Song I Own: Songs #1843 — #2000 (of 12,218)
The latest update to my bewildering project to listen to all 12, 218 songs in my iTunes library straight through, no skipping (called Abba Zappa Zoo, thank you to my old friend Mike Gluck for the name) takes us from…
“Domino” by Van Morrison (Song #1843)
“The Dreamer” by Anderson.Paak (Song #2000)
Completion Percentage: 15.1% – 16.4%
- The most common title words in this block of songs are “Don’t” (61%), “Down” (11%) and “Dream” (4%).
- Best one-two–three–four punch: Three songs in a row called “Don’t Stop” by (respectively) Fleetwood Mac, The Rolling Stones, Disco Queen Sylvester and alt-rock legends The Stone Roses.
- Strange Bedfellows: 60s glittering pop classic “Downtown” by Petula Clark followed by the weeper “Downtown Train” by Tom Waits.
- Buried Treasure (i.e. a song you haven’t heard of by a band you have heard of): “Dowhatchyoulike” is a better song by Digital Underground than “The Humpty Dance” (if that’s possible)
- Your new favorite song: “Don’t Let it Trouble Your Mind” a traditional song made famous by Dolly Parton but done to perfection here by Rhiannon Giddons