- Patrick Radden Keefe’s new book EMPIRE OF PAIN: The Secret History of the Sackler Family (out April 13). His book SAY NOTHING was the best book I have ever read about the Troubles in Ireland.
- Was the grunge revolution racist? Meaning was the longing for a return to some notion of guitar-based rock music based on a toppling of pop and hip-hop and music mostly made by black and brown people.
- The deep comic bench of the cast of movie BRIDESMAIDS. With the 10th anniversary on May 13th, considering writing something about this.
- Also something about the writing team behind it. Would love to speak with Kristin Wiig and Annie Momolo about the BRIDESMAIDS screenplay and the difference between writing comedy for cinema v. TV.
- Marc Cousin’s WOMEN MAKE FILM is on the criterion channel! Will be an amazing resource for my book on women filmmakers. His STORY OF FILM (2011) was priceless
- What does Jewish Geography mean when we include Jews of color and jews outside the synagogue/youth group/summer camp cartel?
- The movie HIGH FIDELITY caused us as a culture to tragically misjudge the talents of Jack Black. SCHOOL OF ROCK rectified the situation but only somewhat.